ABOUT ATHMAR PARK CHURCH
For more than 135 years, since it's beginnings in 1880 as a Baptist mission, Athmar Park Church has been ministering to the West Denver community. The church began in the area around 9th and Kalamath, and moved to its present location in the Athmar Park neighborhood in 1955. The church has had various names over the years -- West Denver Baptist, Judson Memorial Baptist and New Life Fellowship. Located in a culturally diverse community, Athmar Park and its sister ministries have come together as All Nations Ministries to minister to the community and share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our vision is to offer a safe, relevant and engaging place where the lost and seeking can see Christ at work in the people and ministries of Athmar Park Church. We want to provide a place where believers can learn and grow and flourish and become all that God wants them to be. We want to provide an authentic, caring community without judgment, but with love for one another.
Athmar Park is bordered by Alameda Avenue on the north, Mississippi Avenue on the south, Federal Boulevard on the west and the South Platte River on the east. Some of the homes in the area date back to the 1880s when the area was mostly celery farms and wheat fields. The Athmar Park area has been described as a "smorgasbord of people", with a population that is culturally diverse. With new developments taking shape in the community, Athmar Park is considered one of the up and coming neighborhoods in Denver.
A little Athmar Park Trivia - Denver's first McDonald's restaurant was located in the neighborhood, at 2120 W. Alameda Avenue. The building is still there but hosts a different restaurant.